1. Make the pickles first. Bring all the pickling brine ingredients to a boil. Place the strips of cucumber, carrot and daikon in a canning jar or other container which can handle boiling liquid poured into it. Pour the boiling brine over the vegetables and allow to cool. May be covered and refrigerated for up to 1 month. Don't worry if you haven't made them ahead, they will still taste fine after only 1 hour.
2. Thinly slice the leftover cantonese pot roast. This is easier to do when the meat is chilled.
3. Heat in microwave oven for 90 seconds.
4. Drain the pickled vegetables.
5. Slice baguette into hoagie size rolls, spread sriracha mayonnaise on baguette, place sliced meat on bread, top with pickled vegetables and sprinkle with cilantro.
To make the pickling brine, use the following ingredients:
1 cup water
1 cup rice vinegar
2 tablespoons salt
5 tablespoons sugar
2 chili peppers, halved
1 daikon radish, cut into thin strips
1 carrot, cut into thin strips
1 cucumber, cut into thin strips